Wednesday, March 30, 2011

BP1_ Welcome to my Blog


This is a month 4 assignment for my ETC class. Discovering and continuing the somewhat time-honored internet tradition of putting my opinions out into the cyberspace and hope someone finds it interesting enough, or cares, to view my postings. I'm still not crazy about this idea for two reasons. 1. I like to keep my personal opinions to myself and more often than not I feel uncomfortable with someone other than myself knowing how I am when I don't know yet, I don't appreciate people judging me, even when they don't know me. 2. Usually I censor myself for private information, but I hope the day never comes when I may slip up and someone finds it and then comes to, well let's just say, get me. Sorry in my skeptical and logical mind, a bit of paranoia has set in a little, and I am one of those people who triple checks to make sure all the doors and windows are closed and locked tight. I don't have a bad case of social awkwardness, but I tend to remain a little on the quiet side and keep my opinions to myself.

Sorry for the bit of a rant, but I wanted to set the mood on this most strange a subject. I am enthusiastic about the idea of technology and education working cooperatively, but its the how and the when that I need to work on. Catching you up on the stuff that isn't here, the things that happened before the post, we have gone through three very intense classes involving current educational theories and new technologies and tools that can aid us now and in the future. And to add more to the workload we also have a side project that ultimately becomes a pass or fail for the program, its called a "Challenge Based Research Project" and its quite intense, incorporating a literature review paper, an experimental challenge and an analysis comparison of the two. I can feel the work piling up and I work nightly on assignments and compositions that vary from presentations, podcasts, videos, concept maps and the occasionally reading analysis. Well I always hope for the best and I guess that is my silver lining for the time being. This should be an interesting enough venture for an introvert. I like to think of myself as an old-fashioned detective on a case and my friends are my sources. The case in question is the relationship between education and technology and how we can get them to work together. Let's get back to work and I hope to bring you more to light as the course develops and continues to enrich my knowledge. ( Look forward to more posts ) ^^

No comments:

Post a Comment