Sunday, November 13, 2011

WK 3 Think Out-Loud PPP: The UnConference




As much as it pains me to not want to Publish and to miss the ISTE 2012 San Diego Presentation submission deadline by a few weeks despite my involvement with them I have come to this new conclusion. I have figured that due to my status of being a new Masters and the fact that I have not professionally presented at a conference puts my standings/rankings as a relative newbie; I have found myself looking at experimental conferences. One such conference is Podcast, which is the "unConference" of Conferences and is rather welcoming to new speakers. PodCast Cincinnati 2012 is accepting submissions for speakings and I do not see a deadline on the page. The fact it revolves around social media/Web 2.0 tools and the added benefit I can bring to its relation to Education is a plus and gives me a good chance at being accepted. This has a good feeling about it and I feel it is the best option available to me. Even though I do not think I will be accepted, I secretly hope I will be so that I can share my experiences with others so they do not fall into the same pitfalls that I have.

1 comment:

  1. What a great choice... I'm going to have to do a podcamp or un-conference one of these days. Awesome.

    ReplyDelete